14th March 2016

PILL & EASTON-IN-GORDANO PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council

Monday 14th March 2016 at 7.30pm at the Resource Centre

Present:         Cllrs Jopp, Langton, Burchell, Davey, Davies, Langton, Taylor & J Smart (Clerk)

Apologies:      Cllrs Dawson, Kent, Ovel & Stone

1.

 

Public Participation

No members of the public were present.

2.

 

Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting

The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 22nd February 2016 (previously circulated) were signed as a true record.

3.

 

Declarations of Interest

None.

4.

 

 

 

 

 

Ward Councillor’s Reports

Don Davies

Reported there were now two caravans at Orchard View.  Clerk to contact NSC.

Joint Spatial Plan – it appears that NSC Officers were already working on proposals for the Green Belt review which was planned for 2026.

Civil Parking Enforcement – NSC is able to enforce parking bays, car parks, double yellows, but not dangerous parking.  Add anything considered dangerous to the double yellow line list.

5.

 

 

 

Crime & Disorder

Cllr Davey reported there had been a few burglaries recently.  Dennis Williams had been at the ‘Hammer & Spanner’, and whilst off his motorised wheelchair, it was stolen along with his mobile phone.  It was later found damaged in a rhine.  Clerk to ask for feedback to recent events, and to ask to meet the new PCSO.  Cllr Langton suggested writing to the new owner of Newavon Arms to obtain some reassurance regarding security.  Action Clerk.

 

 

6

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk’s Report

Street lights at The Moorings were finally repaired.

Reported street lights not working at Church Path Road.

Reported damage to paving slab on steps leading from Baltic Place to Victoria Park.  Repaired had been carried out.

No reply yet received from Veronica Simmons (Lodway zebra crossing).

Reported damage to pavement at Westward Drive (near Orchard Lea).

Lots of fly tipping again this month –Baltic Place and regularly Recycling Facility.  The large bins for the use of Baltic Place residents are a major problem, and a potential health hazard.  Clerk had met with Becky Dugdale of Alliance Homes, to look at the situation. Advised all a tenants would receive a warning.

Reported fence at the rear of 9 Priory Road had now fallen down.  Cllr Beasant had more news regarding 9 Priory Road.

7.

 

 

 

Maintenance & Highways Issues

i)  Litter outside pubs – Cllr Langton suggested that both The Duke of Cornwall and The Kings Head couldn’t follow the practice of The Star and sweep up the cigarette ends that are left on the ground.  Clerk to find out what their responsibility is then drop them a note asking them to clear.  Action Clerk.

ii)  Street lighting – Meeting with WPD and SSE on 22nd March.

8.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Committee Meetings

Playing Fields & Open Spaces

Nothing to discuss.

Environment, Highways & Transport

School Crossing Patrol – The general consensus was that as there was no crossing currently, it would be unlikely that the Parish Council would fund a new one.

Temporary Speed Sign  –  NSC had agreed to install a temporary Vehicle Activated Sign (VAS).  Clerk to arrange site meeting with NSC.  Action Clerk.

Planning

See below.

9.

 

Reports of meetings with outside bodies and other organisations

The AGM of the CF was held on Monday 21st March at 7.30pm at the Resource Centre.

10.

 

Correspondence requiring action not covered elsewhere

Clerk to circulate later in the month.

11.

 

Approval of Budget 2016-2017

Cllr Langton proposed approval of the budget for 2016-2017.  Cllr Taylor seconded.  Approved.

12.

 

Approval of Risk Assessment

Cllr Langton proposed approval of the Risk Assessment.  Cllr Davey seconded.  Approved.

13.

 

14.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

15.

 

 

Approval of Business Continuity Plan

Cllr Langton proposed approval of the Business Continuity Plan.  Cllr Davies seconded.  Approved.

MetroWest Consultation

Cllr Davies suggested writing to ask MetroWest to look at a residents parking system in the area.  What would happen with junction of Heywood Road and Station Road, as this is very dangerous.  Need to think about how this junction is going to be organised.  Cllr Jopp suggested restricted parking on the bridge, and also to reiterate the use of low level LED lighting in the car park.

Bristol Port Company – Proposals for Court House Farm

John Chaplin had attended a meeting with Parish Councillors to explain the plans for car parking on the land around Court House Farm.  Cllr Jopp explained the plans.

Annual Parish Meeting

The Annual Parish Meeting would be held on Wednesday 6th April 2016.  Wessex CLT would be attending the APM (20 mins for presentation and 30 mins for questions).

17.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Accounts for Payment

Haven Power Public Lighting Electricity – First Collection DD 21/03 422.00
Unicom Fax & Phone Bill – February Direct Debit 24.53
Bin-it Dog Waste Solutions Dog Bin Emptying – February 2016 393.21
Edric Hobbs Bus Shelter Cleaning x 4 44.00
Viking Direct Stationery 113.72
Brian Weekes Litter Bin Emptying 30.00
The Bristol Port Company Avon Road Field Rent 25/3/16 – 24/3/17 1.20
St Georges’ Flower Bank Tree work at Ham Green field 50.00
GB Sport & Leisure Replacement Chains for flat seat swing at Hardwick Road 120.00
GB Sport & Leisure Play Equipment Inspections – February 150.00
SSE Enterprise Street Lighting Replacements x 6 6,852.22
P&DC&YP Partnership Second Half of Annual Grant 7,500.00
Julie Smart Expenses 139.90
Julie Smart Salary 1,370.51
Post Office Limited Tax & NICs 368.87
Bath & NES Council Pension Contributions 382.40
TOTAL   £18,181.67

 

Cllr Davey proposed, seconded by Cllr Langton, approval of the accounts for payment

 

   

 

 

Issues for future meetings

 

 

 

Signed:  ………………………………….

 

Date:  …………………………………….

 

 

MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE

 

MONDAY 14th MARCH 2016 AT 7.30pm at THE RESOURCE CENTRE

 

1.         The following applications had been received:-

16/P/0419/F March House

Back Lane

Pill

Installation of bathroom window.

 

No objections.

 
16/P/0425/F 11 Newsome Avenue

Pill

Loft conversion to the existing bungalow to add two additional bedrooms and a shared en-suite.

 

No objections.

 

2.         The following applications had been approved:-

 

15/P/2818/F 22 Rudgleigh Road

Pill

Erection of a single storey lean to extension to the rear elevation (retrospective).
 
16/P/0105/F 27 Heywood Terrace

Pill

Two storey side and a single storey rear extension.