Forum Minutes 2016

Forum 2016 Minutes

Easton-in-Gordano, Ham Green & Pill Community Forum

MINUTES of Meeting 21st March 2016

Minutes 
1. Present:
Bob Langton, Pom Langton, Maddie Bickle, Lin Matthews, Sue Tuckwell, Jenny Billington, Maggie Malone, Yvonne Rees, Ralph Whiting, Charles Exley, Liz Moore, Celia Roberts, David Grace

2. Apologies: 
Mike Goldsworthy

3. Minutes:
Minutes of the meeting held on 18th January were duly signed as a correct

4. Matters arising from the Minutes not otherwise covered on the Agenda
None.

5. Financial Position including cheques paid
Balance in Bank £2,349.42
Cheques to be paid:
£225 to Golden Oldies
£210 to Pill Day Care Centre
Up to £100 to Fair Trade Group

6. Bids for Funding:
Crockerne Primary School: £400 agreed
Easton-in-Gordano Scouts: £500 agreed
Pill Community Centre: up to £400 agreed
Sustainable Pill & District: up to £100 agreed

7. Any other business that can be properly considered
BL will contact Arthur Taylor to amend the application form so that it can be completed on line.
It was agreed to discuss publicity for the Forum at the next meeting.

8. Reports from members concerning activities
BL reported that SPAD have taken part in two litter picking events in the village.
ST said that the Fair Trade group have recently held their most successful ever Fortnight
with many groups holding Fair Trade breakfasts.

9. Date of next meetings to be held in Resource Centre at 7.30pm

June 20th 2016

Sept 19th 2016

Jan 16th 2017

April 17th 2017

The meeting ended at 8.40pm


Easton-in -Gordano, Ham Green & Pill Community Forum

MINUTES of Annual General Meeting  21st March 2016

Minutes

1) Apologies for absence: Mike Goldsworthy.

2) Present: Bob Langton, Sue Tuckwell, Maddie Bickle, Pom Langton, Liz Moore, Lin Matthews, Jenny Billington, Maggie Cornwell, Charles Exley, Ralph Whiting, Yvonne Rees. Celia Roberts and David Grace attended in order to speak about their applications.

3) Welcome: The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

4) Minutes: Agreed and signed off.

5) Outgoing Chairman’s report: The Chairman presented his report to the meeting. Copy

6) Outgoing Treasurer’s report:
Balance at the beginning of the year was £4131.19 (including £2000 from Parish Council)
There is a balance in the Bank of £2349.42 (+£2000)
Outstanding sums are

  • £225 to Golden Oldies
  • £210 to Pill Day Care Centre
  • up to £100 for Fairtrade
  • £1781 has been paid out in grants + £60 for rent to Community Centre.

7) Election of officers for the forthcoming year:

Sue Tuckwell thanked outgoing Chairman, Bob Langton, for his year in office.

a) Chairman: Lin Matthews was proposed by Liz Moore and seconded by Maddie Bickle. This was voted nem con.

b) Vice Chairman: Bob Langton was proposed by Sue Tuckwell and seconded by Maddie Bickle. This was voted nem con.

c) Secretary: Liz Moore was proposed by Pom Langton and seconded by Sue Tuckwell. Elected nem con. ( Liz Moore wishes to make it clear that she will remain in post for a maximum of one year)

d) Treasurer: Maddie Bickle was proposed by Yvonne Rees and seconded by Jenny Billington. Elected nem con.

The meeting closed at 7.50pm.


Forum 2015 Minutes

Easton-in -Gordano, Ham Green & Pill Community Forum

MINUTES of Annual General Meeting 16th March 2015

Pill Community Centre, 7.30pm

1) Apologies for absence: Maddie Bickle, Jenny Billington, Wendy Martineau.

2) Present: Mike Goldsworthy, Sue Tuckwell, Pom Langton, Maggie Cornwell, Charles Exley, Bob Langton, Lin Matthews, Liz Moore, Arthur Taylor, Ralph Whiting, Yvonne Rees.

3) Welcome: The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

4) Minutes: Agreed and signed off.

5) Outgoing Chairman’s report: The Chairman presented his report to the meeting.

6) Outgoing Treasurer’s report: This is an approximate report as the Treasurer is away. She will present a full account at the May meeting.

There is a balance in the Bank of some £2110.93

7) Election of officers for the forthcoming year:
Liz Moore thanked outgoing Chairman, Mike Goldsworthy, for his year in office.

a) Chairman: Bob Langton was proposed by Ralph Whiting and seconded by Charles Exley. This was voted nem con.

b) Vice Chairman: Sue Tuckwell was proposed by Liz Moore and seconded by Pom Langton. This was voted nem con.

c) Secretary: Pom Langton was proposed by Charles Exley and seconded by Ralph Whiting. Elected nem con.

d) Treasurer: Maddie Bickle was proposed by Bob Langton and seconded by Yvonne Rees. Elected nem con.

The elected officers present all indicated that they were willing to stay in office only for one year.

8) Any other business: Bob Langton suggested the Community Forum could reduce the number of meetings annually to four without adversely affecting its efficiency. This would require a change to the constitution. This will be on the Agenda for May. Bob undertook to look at the constitution and table a possible amendment for adoption at the May meeting.

The meeting closed at 7.50pm.


Easton-in-Gordano, Ham Green & Pill Community Forum

MINUTES of Meeting 16th March 2015

1. Present: Mike Goldsworthy, Sue Tuckwell, Pom Langton, Maggie Cornwell, Charles Exley, Bob Langton, Lin Matthews, Liz Moore, Yvonne Rees, Arthur Taylor, Ralph

2. Apologies for Absence: Maddie Bickle, Jenny Billington, Wendy Martineau.

3. Minutes of the last meeting: Agreed and signed off.

4. Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered on the agenda: none

5. Financial position including cheques paid:

Amount in Bank: £2110.93
Outstanding amounts to pay £30 to the Fairtrade Group
£375 for Crockerne Children’s Centre

6. Bids for funding:

  • Orchard Playgroup:- Hannah Price asked the Community Forum for a grant of £110 to be used to purchase items for the above playgroup. Agreed.
  • Pill Sessions :- £394 to cover the purchase cost of a Yamaha EMX512SC powered mixer. This was agreed to be just the sort of application the Forum welcomes and approves. Agreed.
  • MS Therapy Centre :- The Centre requested £250 towards ongoing costs. Declined.
  • St John’s Ambulance :- The Community Forum has received a letter from St John’s Ambulance asking for a donation towards their running costs. (Charles Exley reminded members of the Forum that First Aid Courses are held in the Resource Centre. Declined.

7. Reports from members concerning activities:

Fairtrade :- Sue Tuckwell reported that she had spent £30 of the agreed £40 and bought prizes for the Art competition at Crockerne School. The art was created over the holiday and judged by Louise Dixey and Liz Williams, who both praised the standard and hard work of the entries. The artwork was later displayed in Resource Centre and Post Office. A new teacher at Crockerne has taken over running of the tuck shop which seems to be going well. Southern Co-op donated a large hamper to the Fairtrade event which was used as a raffle prize. The Leaf introduced two new Fairtrade dishes during the week and hope to do more next year.

Liz Moore :- reported that there was to be a village litter pick on Watchhouse Hill on Saturday 21st March and on Sunday 22nd March along the A369/flower bank.

8. Any other business that can be properly considered:

9. Dates of next meetings in 2015: 18th May, 20th July, 21st September, 16th November

Meeting closed at 8.10pm.


Forum Minutes 2014

MINUTES of Meeting 20 January 2014

  1. Apologies for Absence: Jenny Billington
  2. Present: Mike Goldsworthy, Sue Tuckwell, Pom Langton , Maddie Bickle, Charles Exley, Bob Langton, Liz Moore, Yvonne Rees, Arthur Taylor, Ralph Whiting.
  3. Minutes of last meeting. Minutes were agreed and signed off.
  4. Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered on the agenda. None
  5. Financial position including cheques paid: 500 for traffic survey
  6. Bids for funding: There have been no new bids.
  7. Budget request to Parish Council: The Parish Council will set its Precept on Monday January 27th 2014. The draft budget includes £4,000 to the Community Forum. In view of the current financial situation it was suggested that the Community Forum seek a reduced grant of £2,000. This was proposed by Elspeth Davis and seconded by Yvonne Rees.
  8. Reports from members concerning activities:
    1. Food Bank 
      Elspeth Davis reported that over the Christmas holiday the Salvation Army had supported many families. She suggested that perhaps the Bank should be reinstated and said that Housing Alliance Portishead would mention the Pill Food Bank to those who might benefit thereby.
    2. SPAD
      Bob Langton reported that the SPAD website would be up and running soon. Arthur Taylor said that he would ensure both the SPAD and Food Bank were on the Pill Village website.
    3.  Community Garden
       Maddie Bickle read out a note from Noel Ayling speaking for the Community Garden in which he expressed their thanks for the Forum’s donation and their confidence that the garden was coming along well and would look impressive when complete.
    4. Fairtrade
      Sue Tuckwell reported that on Friday February 28th there will be a Tea Party in Crockerne Primary School, after school at 3.15-4pm, at which Fairtrade tea and cakes will be served to parents and recipes will be given away. (This follows the Business Reception in the morning at Penny Brohn. The idea of a Fairtrade Tuck Shop was being raised again at the Primary School and parents are going to be contacted with a view to helping.
  9. Further Consideration of a ‘Fair’ to promote volunteering in the village:
    This idea had been raised at the last Parish Council meeting and the PC were happy for the Forum to go ahead. Liz Moore and Maddie Bickle volunteered to get a list of all local volunteer groups who might benefit from a Community Forum grant. It was thought that the best way to extend our range of contacts was by holding a stall at the Community Market on 29thMarch. Sue Tuckwell will contact Rachel Woollatt to see if there will be a free stall on that occasion. Arthur Taylor volunteered to make a poster for the Market.
  10. Any other business that can be properly considered: Lunch Club.
    The Lunch Club purchased a new gas cooker. It turns out that this cooker is of commercial standard and because of this new plumbing and piping would be needed. A sum of some £6,000 has been quoted. (In 2011 The Forum agreed an application of £750 for a new dish washer of which £500 was needed)
  11. Dates of future meetings: Monday 17th March – also the AGM, 19th May, 21st July, 15th September, 17th November. Meeting closed at 8.30 pm

Subsequent to the meeting Noel Ayling contacted Pom Langton with the news that a new fitter had been to look at the cooker and in his opinion because of the limited use this cooker would have the new work mentioned above was not necessary. Some work would still be required and a second grant towards this from the Community Forum would be welcomed. Noel was asked to keep the Forum informed and told that if money was urgently required the Forum executive could make a decision.


MINUTES of Annual General Meeting 17th March 2014

  1. Apologies for absence: Arthur Taylor, Elspeth Davis, Pom Langton, Bob Langton
  2. Present: Liz Moore, Jenny Billington, Mike Goldsworthy, Charles Exley, Ralph Whiting, Sue Tuckwell, Yvonne Rees, Maddie Bickle.
  3. Welcome: The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
  4. Minutes: Agreed and signed off.
  5. Outgoing Chairman’s report: The Chairman presented his report to the meeting. He reported that despite helping several organisations over the past year there has been a fall in fall in applications for grants and also a fall in attendance of forum members. A copy of his report is attached.
  6. Outgoing Treasurer’s report: When all outstanding cheques have been paid we will have £2,860.86 in the account. However we have to keep £500 in reserve in the event that North Somerset Council issue an invoice for their work on speed reduction in the village. It seems likely that the Parish Council will give £2,000 as requested.
  7. Election of officers for the forthcoming year:
    1. Chairman: Mike Goldsworthy was proposed by Yvonne Rees and seconded by Charles Exley. This was voted nem con.
    2. Vice Chairman: Sue Tuckwell was proposed by Ralph Whiting and seconded by Liz Moore. This was voted nem con.
    3. Secretary: Pom Langton was proposed by Sue Tuckwell and seconded by Maddie Bickle. Elected nem con.
    4. Treasurer: Maddie Bickle was proposed by Liz Moore and seconded by Charles Exley. Elected nem con.
  8. Any other business: Regarding the Chairman’s report Ralph Whiting wonders if we should seek to find out why we have falling applications and attendances. It was agreed to send a report to the Pill Paper with quotes from recipients of grants saying how pleased they are etc. Liz Moore offered to speak to members of the Christmas Lights and Pill Community Garden and ask if they would send a letter that we can quote from. Sue Tuckwell said she is also happy to write.

The meeting closed at 7.50pm.


MINUTES of Meeting of 17 March 2014

  1. Apologies for absence: Arthur Taylor, Elspeth Davis, Pom Langton, Bob Langton
  2. Present: Liz Moore, Jenny Billington, Mike Goldsworthy, Charles Exley, Ralph Whiting, Sue Tuckwell, Yvonne Rees, Maddie Bickle.
  3. Minutes of last meeting: Minutes were agreed and signed off.
  4. Matter arising from the minutes not otherwise covered on the agenda: The stall to promote volunteering in the village is to go ahead at the Community Market on 29th March. Liz Moore is approaching various organisations to provide an A4 sheet to advertise, she already has some and she will take extra copies to the market to hand out to interested parties. It was suggested that we have a screen to display the adverts and Charles thinks we can borrow one from the Resource Centre. Liz will speak to Arthur re the poster for the market.
  5. Financial Position: Since the last meeting four cheques have been paid out, £93.90 replacement for out of date cheque to SPAD, £300 for the Christmas Lights and two cheques totalling £67.22 for Fair Trade. The amount now available is £2,860.86 giving £2,360.86 after provision of £500 for traffic survey.
  6. Bids for Funding:
    • Lunch Club – The lunch club asked for a donation of £400-£500 towards                             the provision of new crockery, a stainless steel table and to upgrade the microwave. A new cooker is being installed in the kitchen and it is generally being upgraded. Whilst we agreed in principle to grant £400 there was some concern about Health and Safety and Fire requirements. Further information will be sought to ensure that the alterations will meet with current regulations.
    • History Society – The History Society are planning to publish two         booklets , one for WW1 and another for WW2. They will contain the full names of the men on our two village memorials and will be distributed free of charge to the Resource Centre, the Library and any other organisations who have a requirement. Additional copies will be sold for a small cover price to families of the servicemen named and the general public. It was agreed to grant £150 to enable publication of the first booklet. NB the correct application form must be completed first.
  7. Budget Request to Parish Council: Nothing further
  8. Reports from members concerning activities: Sue Tuckwell reported that the Fair Trade business reception was very well supported. Thirty nine local businesses attended. She thought that perhaps something similar could be done to promote other organisations in the village.
  9. Any other business that can properly be considered: Charles Exley was horrified to think that the date of the revised village plan is fast approaching. A discussion followed and several points were raised. There is no further funding but are we going to regenerate the plan. Ralph Whiting expressed the view that if we do renew the plan then it should be down to the Forum to do it, no full survey of the village, just amend the current plan. Mike Goldsworthy volunteered to investigate and see what other parish councils have done. Charles Exley will raise it with the parish council.
  10. Dates of future meetings: 19th May,21st July,15th September,17th November

Meeting closed at 8.15pm Signe


MINUTES of Meeting of 19th May 2014

1. Apologies for absence: Bob Langton, Charles Exley, Ralph Whiting, Arthur Taylor.

2. Present: Mike Goldsworthy, Sue Tuckwell, Pom Langton, Maddie Bickle, Liz Moore,

3. Minutes of last meetings: Agreed and signed off.

4. Matters arising from the Minutes not otherwise covered on the Agenda:

a. Pill Paper letter: Mike Goldsworthy has written to the Pill Paper but missed the deadline for the May paper. The aim of this letter is to use quotations from successful previous appllicants in the hope of attracting some new customers.

b. Parish Plan Revue: Charles Exley had emailed to say that the Parish Council wished the Community Forum to proceed with planning and execution of another Parish Plan (PP). Mike Goldsworthy had investigated some other Parish Councils and found that there is a wide variation in PPs, ours was amongst the most detailed. There is now no money to cover the cost of creating a new PP but it was agreed that it would be a good idea so he will circulate the review that Elspeth Davis produced, during her time as Chair, and the Forum will consider this and then comment. There are 55 items on our current PP and these will be reviewed and updated. (This will be an Agenda item again for the meeting on 21July).

5. Financial position including cheques paid:
We have £3,255 in the Bank.

SPAD has not yet paid in a cheque for £93.90, which was itself a replacement for one issued in 2013. There will not be another replacement. The Christmas Lights cheque has also not been paid in.

£24.04 has been paid for rent. So, the balance at present is £2841.12

(including the £500 for traffic survey).

Noel Ayling has audited our accounts. Mike Goldsworthy will write to thank him.

6. Bids for funding: There were no new bids. An application form had been received from Maggie Stowers for the History Society application. £150 had been agreed for this at the March meeting.

7. Reports from members concerning activities:

SPAD 1. The petition for a 20mph speed limit through the village is being presented to North Somerset Council by Jill Coleman.

SPAD is trying to develop local food sources.

8. Any other business: There was none.

9. Dates of next meetings: 21st  July, 15th  September, 17th  November.


MINUTES of meeting held on Monday 21st July 2014

  1. Present: Mike Goldsworthy, Sue Tuckwell, Maddie Bickle, Pom Langton, Charles Exley, Bob Langton, Liz Moore, Ralph Whiting.
  2. Apologies for absence: Jenny Billington.
  3. Minutes of last meeting: Agreed and signed.

  4. Matters arising from the Minutes not otherwise covered on the Agenda: The Pill Paper had an item covering the Community Forum and our AGM. Review of the Parish Plan. Mike Goldsworthy has been through Elspeth Davis’ update and will update from then to the present date. To be on Agenda for September.
  5. Financial position including cheques paid: £400 to Lunch Club £20 for rent £93.90 to SPAD £150 to History Society The Christmas Lights have not cashed the cheque which was written in February. We are left with a balance of £2271.94 We are awaiting £2000, which has been agreed, from the Parish Council.

  6. Bids for funding:
    a. Pill Lunch Club. A cheque for £400 has been written and delivered (to Carol Sexton) and a thankyou letter from the club has been received. A grant of £400 agreed. (see above)
    b. Pill Rag. A request for money towards the £400 cost of insurance. This bid came in after the event and it was agreed to donate £200 with a covering letter asking for any future bids to be made before the event and to detail the amount of insurance cover that is to be provided. A grant of £200 agreed.
    c. Easton in Gordano Cricket Club. A request was made for a donation towards the cost of fitting and furnishing their now re-roofed pavilion. It was agreed that more detail was needed before a grant could be made so Pom will contact Keith Dickinson again.
    d. Pill Regatta Committee for a Pop-up Gazebo. A request for an easily erected gazebo for use by the Regatta but which could also be used by village groups such as SPAD, Pill Rag, Toy Library, May Day and others. The Committee agreed to a grant of £178 to purchase a large gazebo, with the proviso that the Regatta Committee store and maintain it and make it available to other village groups. A grant of £178 agreed.
    e. Flower Bank: £150 was requested for oak posts to support new signs on the Bank. This was agreed but it was noted that this was another retrospective application. Liz Moore said she would have a word with Bob Buck about this. (Charles Exley pointed out that there is a petrol driven strimmer which the Footpath Group used to use which the Flower Bank might find useful. A grant of £150 agreed.
    f. Methodist Church: The Methodist Church has had a spate of antisocial behaviour occurring on their premises. This has caused distress to both Church members and neighbours. To try to stop this the Church has drawn up a 2 stage action plan. Stage 1 would involve anti-climb paint, warning signs, secure fencing to close off the sides/rear of the building and PIR actuated lighting. It was agreed to make a grant of £375 towards the estimated total cost of £750. A grant of £375 agreed.
    g. PARISH COUNCIL: The Parish Council has agreed to fund restoration of the War Memorial at Pill Parish Church. This work requires expert stone masons to carry it out and a company has been found who will do the work at cost. However, to cover the cost the Parish Council would have to use up 2/3 of their contingency funds and this would affect their ability to respond to future unforeseen items. The total cost is estimated at £1500. A grant of £400 agreed.
  7. Reports from members concerning activities: None
  8. Any other business that can be properly considered: None
  9. Dates of future meetings: September 15th, November 17th 2014.

Meeting closed at 8.25.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s