PC 18 August 2014

PILL & EASTON-IN-GORDANO PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Joint Meeting of the Committees and Full Parish Council

Monday 18th August 2014 at 7.30pm at The Resource Centre

 

Present: Cllrs Jopp, Kent, Beasant, Burchell, Davey, Dawson, Exley, Gentilli, Kent, Langton,Murphy, Ovel, Ward Cllrs Davies & Francis-Pester and J Smart (Clerk)
Apologies: Cllrs Taylor & Stone

 

1.

Public Participation

 

Mr Roger Collins was present.

 

2.

Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting

 

The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 28th July 2014 (previously circulated) were signed as a true record.

 

3.
Declarations of Interest

 

None.

 

4.  
Ward Councillor’s Reports

 

Carl Francis-Pester

 

NSC had earmarked a week for the Green Team to visit to repair potholes.  John Painter (NSC) should know when this will be.  Clerk to check.

 

Outside St Katherine’s School road surface repairs are earmarked for the end of September.

 

Received emails regarding the traffic lights on the motorway roundabout being out of synch.

 

Some problems with refuse and recycling not being completely cleared when collected.

 

Spoke to NSC Solicitor regarding the issue of new the style Planning Committee.  Problem with the same officers sitting on both the Planning Committee and the Planning & Regulatory Committee, which means the same people are passing applications and looking at any issues that arise.  There needs to be a point of redress.  There is potential for challenge with this system.

 

There was still an issue with the Tynings.  Local residents were complaining about the café, which was being operated without permission.  Mr Harris (owner) has put in a Freedom of Information request through Liam Fox for all correspondence relating to this, which has delayed enforcement action.  NSC has now asked for a formal application to be put in.

 

NSC Core Strategy now requires 21,000 new properties in North Somerset.  There is a caveat that suggests that this is the minimum number, and there could be a 2,500 shortfall.  This number could possibly have to come out of the Green Belt.

 

5.   Crime & DisorderSee Item 11.

 

6.

Clerk’s Report

 

Reported streetlights not working at Bank Place, Watchhouse Road, Westward Drive, Debecca’s Lane, The Breaches.

 

Complaint from resident of Yew Tree Gardens – brambles from Hardwick Road Playing Field were encroaching on the driveway and scratching cars.  Now been cut back.

 

Reported warning road sign and pole in hedge to left of Kings Head (don’t know where it came from).

 

Reported bin at bottom of Westward Drive damaged by car. Requested replacement.

 

Reported fly tipping in lane between Mariner’s Way and Newport Road.  Also at Waterloo House.

 

Received report of problem with trees and bank of stream at The Withy’s.  Asked NSC to request Sovereign Housing to attend.

 

Received complaint about weeds in Brookside.  Reported to NSC.

 

Reported maggots in large bins servicing Baltic Place.  Again, these bins are being used by residents other than at Baltic Place.

 

The concrete planter at the rear of Baltic Place by the recycling area was hit and smashed by a 4×4.  It was cleared but don’t know who by.

 

The recently filled hole in the footpath between Water Lane and Westward Drive is not level and a trip hazard.  Requested NSC return to do a proper job.

 

Made an official complaint to NSC regarding the road name sign for Church Path Road.  This was first reported last December and again in March.  Still not been done.  No response received.

 

Cllr Beasant asked about the grass verge at Church Road, outside St George’s Church not being cut.  Clerk to request NSC cut.

 

7. 

 

Maintenance & Highways Issues

 

None.

8.  

 

 

Committee Meetings

 

Playing Fields & Open Spaces

 

Brookside – The building contractor at 3 Davin Crescent had problems with the building of the boundary into the playing field.  This would now have to be removed and rebuilt.

 

Football Clubs Meeting – Concerns about club finances and charges from the PC.  Cllr Kent to arrange a meeting with all clubs using PC facilities.  Action PK.

 

Environment, Highways & Transport

 

Guerrilla Gardening – Cllr Ovel reported on an item in the Pill Paper from a group called Incredible Edible.  The group was looking at Pill as an area to plant vegetables on verges etc.  Cllr Langton explained this was a local group, but they had no intention to just turn up and start planting anywhere.  Cllr Langton would arrange for SPAD to come to meeting to explain.  Action BL.

 

Railway Noise Meeting – Cllr Exley was hoping to obtain dates from Cllr Francis-Pester for a pre-meeting to discuss the way forward, prior to meeting with BPC and NR.  Action CE.

 

Parking Enforcement – (Cllr Jopp declared an interest in this item as co-owner of the Post Office) Complaints had been received about drivers parking on corners etc, and long-term parking in one space in the centre of the village.  The question of timed restrictions and TPOs had been raised.  Cllr Francis-Pester suggested the Clerk contact Kate Bus of the Leigh Woods Society, as it was currently in the process of installing parking measures, and it could be more economical for NSC to do both together.  Cllr Davies would write an item for the Pill Paper.  Action DD/JS.

 

9 Priory Road – Cllr Davies had received correspondence from A&S Police.  The local Inspector had informed Cllr Davies that Mr Harris had been a victim of crime, and people should stop harassing him.  Cllr Davies had then contacted Sue Mountstevens (Police & Crime Commissioner), who advised that the Area Commander would be contacting him regarding the parking issue on the road outside the property.  Cllr Francis-Pester advised that the NSC garden enforcement action was still outstanding, and that the Clerk should write to Chris Nolan to request that NSC pursue this action.  Cllr Beasant reported that rats from the property were attacking neighbours pet rabbits.  Action JS.

 

Planning

 

See below.

 

 

Finance

 

Cllr Langton reported on the meeting held on 4th August 2014 (minutes previously circulated).

 

9.  

Reports of meetings with outside bodies and other organisations

 

See below.

 

10. Correspondence requiring action not covered elsewhereCllr Jopp had circulated a response to Cllr Nigel Ashton regarding the change in set up of the Area Planning Committees.  Following discussion, Cllr Jopp would make amendments to the draft and recirculate.  Comments to AJ ASAP.

 

11. Avon & Somerset Police PresenceCllr Davey reported on the PACT meeting.  PCSO Julie Lewis had reported that PC Cornish had now retired and that three PCSO’s had left for various reasons, so cover was thin on the ground, with no plans for replacement.

 

Cllr Jopp suggested writing to the Chief Constable asking what the future holds, as Sue Mounstevens had assured us at our meeting that there would be no reduction in officers.   Action Clerk.

 

12. Abbots Leigh Parish Council MeetingCllr Jopp, the Clerk and the Chair and Clerk from Abbots Leigh Parish Council had met to informally discuss mutual issues, and Cllr Jopp reported on these.

 

13. Accounts for Payment 
Payee Details            £
Haven Power Public Lighting Electricity – August DD 21/08/14 625.00
Haven Power Public Lighting Electricity – August DD 21/08/14 77.51
Unicom Fax & Phone Bill 20.92
Grant Thornton External Audit Fee 480.00
Bowcom St George EIG JFC Pitch Grass Paint 145.20
Edric Hobbs Bus Shelter Cleaning 22.00
K & E Property Maintenancer Brookside Play Area & Footpath Cutting 120.00
SSE Contracting Pole Bracket and Street Light Replacements 4,365.82
North Somerset Council Dog Bin Emptying – July 172.80
G.B. Sport & Leisure UK Limited Playground Equipment Inspections – July 120.00
Simon Chandler Village Green Application Expenses 17.48
Mark Fuller Salary 781.05
Julie Smart Salary 1,335.37
Post Office Limited Tax & NICs 401.23
Bath & NES Council Pension Contributions 357.26
TOTAL:-  
 
£9,041.64

 

Cllr Langton, seconded by Cllr Exley proposed approval of the accounts for payment.  Agreed.

 

14. Issues for future meetingsMetrowest Meeting – 8th September 2014 at 6pm (TO BE CONFIRMED).

 

 

Signed:  ………………………………….

 

Date:  …………………………………….


Pill & Easton-in-Gordano Parish Council

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s