PC 24 June 2014

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council

 Monday 24th June 2014 at 7.30pm at The Resource Centre

Present: Parish Cllrs Jopp, Beasant, Burchell, Exley, Langton Davey, Murphy, Stone, Taylor, (Cllrs Gentilly, Dawson joined meeting after formal adoption), Ward Cllrs Davies and Francis-Pester
Apologies: Cllrs Burt, Kent and J Smart (Clerk)
 1.
Public Participation

Mr Hunt:

  • Avon Road Cycle track walkway needs cutting
  • Alleyway from Severn Road to Rail archway needs cutting.
  • Network Rail cut vegetation and put debris on their side of the fence but children have thrown it into gardens.
  • Requested again that eight feet be cut off trees in Jenny’s Meadow copse
  • Awaiting meeting with Network rail regarding noise from night freight trains.

 

2.
Parish Councillor Co-option

The following had volunteered for co-option

  • Don Davies – Written application received (concern about lack of democracy in NS)
  • Rob Gentilly – Written application received (Moved to EiG two years ago and keen to get more involved
  • Nona Dawson – Awaiting written application (Previous councillor interested in reviving Footpath Committee)

All accepted by unanimous vote.

 3.

Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting

The minutes of the previous Parish Council 19 May 2014 meeting held were signed as a true record.

 

 4.
Declarations of Interest – None
 5. 
Ward Councillor’s Reports

Cllr Davies

  • Only one planning Committee now although it is unclear what was actually being voted for. DD understood that any ward councillor can sit in on items relating to their own ward but requires clarification.
  • Concerned that Port Company was not contributing to locality compared with Bristol Airport and new Backwell quarry site. Awaiting report back on community funding and meeting Sue Turner with AT in 2 weeks to discuss.
  • Jetty was removed but no action taken by Port Company.
  • Concern that Avonmouth flies are now appearing in Pill.
  • Foreign trucks causing havoc in village trying to get access to docks.
  • Weekend noise from Network Rail working parties.

AGREED to add Port Company concerns to future agenda.

Cllr Francis-Pester

  • Unlikely that Network Rail will accept responsibility for rail track noise. Need to look for imaginative ways to ameliorate the problem. Suggest inviting Mark Ponsford to a meeting to see what action North Somerset can take. AGREED.
  • Area Planning Committees now combined into single Committee resulting in concern over appeal procedure.
  • Road by St Katherine’s School now due for repair end of September/October.
  • Following Mark McGregor’s site visit, two drainage issues have been delayed by legal action on responsibility for repairs.
  • Planning enforcement closure now imposed by Highways Agency on the Tynings Café but no clarity on replacement of stables by housing.
  • Has approached Port Company to pay for installation of signage on A369
  • Written to Sue Mountstevens about lack of action on Priory Road parking.

Cllr Jopp thanked both Ward Councillors for their reports.

 

6.   Crime & DisorderCllr Davey reported on issues from last PACT meeting. Burglary in Oak Grove. Concern about men in their 30s and teenagers in Hardwick Road playing field.
 7.

Clerk’s Report

Not available – to be circulated by email.

 

 8.

Maintenance & Highways Issues

Path between Oak Grove and Hardwick Road impassable to parents with buggies.

Weeds untreated throughout village. CF-P to raise with John Flanagan. AGREED

 

9. 

Committee Meetings:

Playing Fields & Open Spaces

Village Green information prepared for transmission to hearing. 500. Purchaser to arrange removal.

Repairs required for Hardwick Road play equipment.

Environment, Highways & Transport

All items on agenda.

Planning

Nothing since last meeting

10.

Reports of Meetings with Outside Bodies

None to report

 

11.

Correspondence requiring action not covered elsewhere

None.

12.

Core Strategy

The Government Inspector has rejected NS Core Strategy on the grounds that it does not provide sufficient new build housing – at least 500 required across North Somerset.

Concern that this will put Chapel Pill Creek proposals back onto agenda.

South Bristol link road would provide some housing development but not sufficient to fulfil criteria.

Suggested that we revisit the concept of a Village Design Statement to investigate what could be released locally from Green Belt and liaise with surrounding parishes. AGREED to put on agenda for next planning meeting.

13.

Liaison with other Parishes

AGREED to set up meetings as follows:

  • Abbotts Leigh – Chapel Pill Development
  • Portbury – Docks and Green Belt
14. Old Brewery AGREED to request that Zig zag lines at pedestrian crossing be extended which will not require Road Traffic Act application
15

Ham Green Hill

North Somerset has advised that Road Traffic Act Order was required costing £3,000. AGREED to arrange meeting between Cllr Jubb, Cllr Stone and Council Officers.

16.

War Memorial

AGREED to accept quote for refurbishment with payment from Contingency Fund and suggest that Community Forum make a donation.

AGREED to advise to Christ Church PCC advising of our action (Elizabeth White, 1 Newport Rd)

17.

Portishead Railway Station

Consultation now taking place on 3 locations for Portishead station following refusal by network rail to allow level crossing.

Proposal is for Pill to have only one platform on Westbound side by old station entrance rather than Eastbound side via steps on right. Consultations will take place locally in due course.

 

18.

Accounts for Payment

Agreed to proceed with payments.

18 Issues for future meetingsNone other than those minuted.

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE Monday 23 June 2014

 No items requiring decision


 

Minutes of the Joint Meeting of the Committees and Full Parish CouncilMonday 18th August 2014 at 7.30pm at The Resource Centre
Present: Cllrs Jopp, Kent, Beasant, Burchell, Davey, Dawson, Exley, Gentilli, Kent, Langton,Murphy, Ovel, Ward Cllrs Davies & Francis-Pester and J Smart (Clerk)
Apologies: Cllrs Taylor & Stone
1.

Public Participation

Mr Roger Collins was present.

2.

Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting

The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 28th July 2014 (previously circulated) were signed as a true record.

3.
Declarations of Interest

None.

4.  
Ward Councillor’s Reports
Carl Francis-Pester

NSC had earmarked a week for the Green Team to visit to repair potholes.  John Painter (NSC) should know when this will be.  Clerk to check.

Outide St Katherine’s School road surface repairs are earmarked for the end of September.

Received emails regarding the traffic lights on the motorway roundabout being out of synch.

Some problems with refuse and recycling not being completely cleared when collected.

Spoke to NSC Solicitor regarding the issue of new the style Planning Committee.  Problem with the same officers sitting on both the Planning Committee and the Planning & Regulatory Committee, which means the same people are passing applications and looking at any issues that arise.  There needs to be a point of redress.  There is potential for challenge with this system.

There was still an issue with the Tynings.  Local residents were complaining about the café, which was being operated without permission.  Mr Harris (owner) has put in a Freedom of Information request through Liam Fox for all correspondence relating to this, which has delayed enforcement action.  NSC has now asked for a formal application to be put in.

NSC Core Strategy now requires 21,000 new properties in North Somerset.  There is a caveat that suggests that this is the minimum number, and there could be a 2,500 shortfall.  This number could possibly have to come out of the Green Belt

5.   Crime & DisorderSee Item 11.
6.

Clerk’s Report

Reported street lights not working at Bank Place, Watchhouse Road, Westward Drive, Debecca’s Lane, The Breaches.

Complaint from resident of Yew Tree Gardens – brambles from Hardwick Road Playing Field were encroaching on the driveway and scratching cars.  Now been cut back.

Reported warning road sign and pole in hedge to left of Kings Head (don’t know where it came from).

Reported bin at bottom of Westward Drive damaged by car. Requested replacement.

Reported fly tipping in lane between Mariner’s Way and Newport Road.  Also at Waterloo House.

Received report of problem with trees and bank of stream at The Withy’s.  Asked NSC to request Sovereign Housing to attend.

Received complaint about weeds in Brookside.  Reported to NSC.

Reported maggots in large bins servicing Baltic Place.  Again, these bins are being used by residents other than at Baltic Place.

The concrete planter at the rear of Baltic Place by the recycling area was hit and smashed by a 4×4.  It was cleared but don’t know who by.

The recently filled hole in the footpath between Water Lane and Westward Drive is not level and a trip hazard.  Requested NSC return to do a proper job.

Made an official complaint to NSC regarding the road name sign for Church Path Road.  This was first reported last December and again in March.  Still not been done.  No response received.

Cllr Beasant asked about the grass verge at Church Road, outside St George’s Church not being cut.  Clerk to request NSC cut.

7. 

Maintenance & Highways Issues

None.

8.    

Committee Meetings

Playing Fields & Open Spaces

Brookside – The building contractor at 3 Davin Crescent had problems with the building of the boundary into the playing field.  This would now have to be removed and rebuilt.

Football Clubs Meeting – Concerns about club finances and charges from the PC.  Cllr Kent to arrange a meeting with all clubs using PC facilities.  Action PK.

Environment, Highways & Transport

Guerrilla Gardening – Cllr Ovel reported on an item in the Pill Paper from a group called Incredible Edible.  The group was looking at Pill as an area to plant vegetables on verges etc.  Cllr Langton explained this was a local group, but they had no intention to just turn up and start planting anywhere.  Cllr Langton would arrange for SPAD to come to meeting to explain.  Action BL.

Railway Noise Meeting – Cllr Exley was hoping to obtain dates from Cllr Francis-Pester for a pre-meeting to discuss the way forward, prior to meeting with BPC and NR.  Action CE.

Parking Enforcement – (Cllr Jopp declared an interest in this item as co-owner of the Post Office) Complaints had been received about drivers parking on corners etc, and long-term parking in one space in the centre of the village.  The question of timed restrictions and TPOs had been raised.  Cllr Francis-Pester suggested the Clerk contact Kate Bus of the Leigh Woods Society, as it was currently in the process of installing parking measures, and it could be more economical for NSC to do both together.  Cllr Davies would write an item for the Pill Paper.  Action DD/JS.

9 Priory Road – Cllr Davies had received correspondence from A&S Police.  The local Inspector had informed Cllr Davies that Mr Harris had been a victim of crime, and people should stop harassing him.  Cllr Davies had then contacted Sue Mountstevens (Police & Crime Commissioner), who advised that the Area Commander would be contacting him regarding the parking issue on the road outside the property.  Cllr Francis-Pester advised that the NSC garden enforcement action was still outstanding, and that the Clerk should write to Chris Nolan to request that NSC pursue this action.  Cllr Beasant reported that rats from the property were attacking neighbours pet rabbits.  Action JS.

Planning

See below

Finance

Cllr Langton reported on the meeting held on 4th August 2014 (minutes previously circulated).

9.  

Reports of meetings with outside bodies and other organisations

See below.

10. Correspondence requiring action not covered elsewhereCllr Jopp had circulated a response to Cllr Nigel Ashton regarding the change in set up of the Area Planning Committees.  Following discussion, Cllr Jopp would make amendments to the draft and recirculate.  Comments to AJ ASAP.
11. Avon & Somerset Police PresenceCllr Davey reported on the PACT meeting.  PCSO Julie Lewis had reported that PC Cornish had now retired and that three PCSO’s had left for various reasons, so cover was thin on the ground, with no plans for replacement.Cllr Jopp suggested writing to the Chief Constable asking what the future holds, as Sue Mounstevens had assured us at our meeting that there would be no reduction in officers.   Action Clerk.
12. Abbots Leigh Parish Council MeetingCllr Jopp, the Clerk and the Chair and Clerk from Abbots Leigh Parish Council had met to informally discuss mutual issues, and Cllr Jopp reported on these.
13. Accounts for Payment
Payee Details            £
Haven Power Public Lighting Electricity – August DD 21/08/14 625.00
Haven Power Public Lighting Electricity – August DD 21/08/14 77.51
Unicom Fax & Phone Bill 20.92
Grant Thornton External Audit Fee 480.00
Bowcom St George EIG JFC Pitch Grass Paint 145.20
Edric Hobbs Bus Shelter Cleaning 22.00
K & E Property Maintenancer Brookside Play Area & Footpath Cutting 120.00
SSE Contracting Pole Bracket and Street Light Replacements 4,365.82
North Somerset Council Dog Bin Emptying – July 172.80
G.B. Sport & Leisure UK Limited Playground Equipment Inspections – July 120.00
Simon Chandler Village Green Application Expenses 17.48
Mark Fuller Salary 781.05
Julie Smart Salary 1,335.37
Post Office Limited Tax & NICs 401.23
Bath & NES Council Pension Contributions 357.26
TOTAL:-  
 
£9,041.64

 

14. Issues for future meetingsMetrowest Meeting – 8th September 2014 at 6pm (TO BE CONFIRMED).

Pill & Easton-in-Gordano Parish Council

Meeting of the Planning Committee

Monday 18th August 2014 at 7.30pm at the Resource Centre

  1. The following applications had been received:-
14/P/1599/F 18 Rectory RoadEaston-in-Gordano Erection of a two storey extension with first floor balcony and external staircase following demolition of existing extension.No objections in principle, but concern was raised about loss of privacy for neighbouring property with view from the proposed balcony.
14/P/1624/F Welcome BreakGordano Service AreaM5 Junction 19 Installation of 2No. electric vehicle quick points in main car park area. No objections. 
14/P/1645/NMA The CroftHam GreenPill Non material amendment to 13/P/2309/F (erection of swimming pool enclosure and single storey pitched roof link extension (amendment to planning permission 13/P/1598/F) to allow change of colour of swimming pool framing from white to green.
No objections.
  1. The following applications had been approved:-
14/P/1196O Land to rear ofGordano House Marsh Lane  Easton-in-Gordano Outline application for the construction of 4No. B1 Office Units with all matters reserved for subsequent approval.
13/P/0957/LDE The Old StablesChapel Pill Lane Pill Erection of extension, changes to fenestration and other alterations.
13/P/1047/F 35 Stoneyfields Easton-in-Gordano Erection of a single storey side extension and front porch.
13/P/0957/LDE The TyningsMartcombe RoadEaston-in-Gordano Certificate of Lawfulness of existing of development (erection of stables, use of tin shed, barn unit 1 & 2, land for access).

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s