PILL & EASTON-IN-GORDANO PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Joint Meeting of the Parish Council & Committees
Monday 8th December 2014 at 7.30pm at The Resource Centre
|Present:||Cllrs Jopp, Burchell, Davey, Dawson, Langton, Murphy, Ward Cllr Francis-Pester and J Smart (Clerk)|
|Apologies:||Cllrs Beasant, Davies, Exley, Kent, Ovel & Stone|
Mr Roger Collins was present.
Mr Hunt and Mr Belcher were present. Both complained again about the rail noise. Cllr Jopp assured them that Cllr Exley would arrange to meet them to go through noise monitoring reports as soon as possible.
Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting
The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 24th November 2014 (previously circulated) were signed as a true record.
Declarations of Interest
Ward Councillor’s Reports
Cllr Carl Francis-Pester
The Tynings – two of the planning application had been turned down and third one would probably go through with conditions. Access was an issue and residents had objected.
Mr Harris of Priory Road – NSC enforcement is proceeding on the garden. Highly unlikely that they will do anything with the conifer trees.
Unlikely to know what the NSC budget for next year will be before Christmas.
Update tomorrow on NSC position on Core Strategy. Main issue was numbers, looking for approximately 21,000 houses. All debate had been about numbers, should have been more about sites and locations. Will let the Clerk know outcome.
Cllr Don Davies
Cllr Davies had circulated notes of issues, as he was not going to be present.
Cllr Burchell complained about inconsiderate parking on refuse collection days. CFP – If problems were persistent, a smaller truck could be arranged, or timing of route could be altered. Ham Green hill is a problem as collection in always in rush hour, when children are going to school etc. CFP would remind them this was not acceptable.
AJ thanked Cllr Francis-Pester for his report.
|Crime & Disorder
Cllr Davey had attended the PACT meeting. She was the only person present. Julie Lewis had forwarded the crime figures to the Clerk. Clerk to circulate. Problems of antisocial behaviour for residents of the new house next to Brookside entrance.
Cllr Murphy reported from Neighbourhood Watch that some smash and grabs from vehicles had taken.
The Clerk had circulated the response from Sue Mountstevens to the PC email. Cllr Jopp had drafted a reply and read this to members. Agreed to send the email.
No PACT meeting next month.
Reported fly tipping at Recycling area.
Reported lights out at Rudgleigh Road and The Breaches.
A local resident had cleared weeds at the sea defence wall at Marine Parade. Clerk to find out who this is.
Clerk to find out when Western Power Distribution would report on reduction of power used due to replacement LED street lights.
Maintenance & Highways Issues
Cllr Davey – problem with dangerous car parking at junction of The Poplars and Lodway. Julie Lewis was aware of this.
Playing Fields & Open Spaces
No Committee Meeting.
Environment, Highways & Transport – The Clerk had received a quote from James Keeley Tree Services of £400 to clear Water Lane of all overhanging trees. This was accepted. Action Clerk.
Reports of meetings with outside bodies and other organisations
Clerk to email Cllrs Exley, Davies, Taylor regarding arranging a meeting with Messrs Hunt and Belcher regarding rail noise. Action Clerk.
Cllr Jopp had prepared a report on the meeting with Portishead Cruising Club (Tess Reid, Derek Estcourt, Cllr Jopp, Davies and Clerk), and this had been circulated to all members. Report attached. Agenda January meeting. Action Clerk.
|10.||Correspondence requiring action not covered elsewhere
|11.||Business Continuity Plan
A copy of the draft Business Continuity Plan had been circulated to all members. Acceptance of the plan was adopted. Comments from members were welcomed at any point to Clerk, Cllrs Langton or Ovel.
|12.||Accounts for Payment
|13.||Issues for Future Meetings
Items for development to be with Finance Committee by 5th January.