2012 PCF Minutes

Pill Community Foundation Trustees Meeting


3rd October 2012 in the Resource Centre

Present

Gerry Hunt, Arthur Taylor, Fred Gaskin, Liz Moore, Chris O’Connell,  John Thatcher, Kevin Stone, Carolyn Williamson, Julie Smart, Maddie Bickle, Roger Lambert,

Apologies

Charles Exley, Jo Burt, Lesley Davey, Mike Burnett.

1.   Welcome

Gerry Hunt welcomed those present.

2.  Minutes of the last Meeting

1st February 2012 had been circulated and were accepted as an accurate record

3.   Matters Arising

All covered by agenda items

4.   Finance Monitoring Group

4.1   Bike scheme – AGREED to check with PCSO about current situation

4.2   AGREED to purchase bike repair kits for passing cyclists now no other outlet in village.

5.  Financial Report & Accounts (including income from services and books)

ACCEPTED with thanks. Retained funds £15,032.13 (£14,762.56. Surplus £125.65 (-£2,603.56)

6.  Report on Allotment project

Project now finished. £800 surplus transferred to Inspire.

7.    Youth Drop In

7.1   Now responsibility of CYP, contracted Inspire. CYP want to concentrate on Youth Club.

7.2   AGREED to request CYP to propose a date to vacate the Resource Centre.

7.3   AGREED to submit rent invoice.

8.    Job Club

Carolyn Williamson reported that the Job Club had yet to develop a core of regular users although drop in numbers varied from week to week. Window adverts were proving successful. Aiming to get more local companies to advertise vacancies. Port of Bristol had been approached.

9.    Volunteer Issues

9.1   AGREED to look at proposals for training volunteers.

9.2   AGREED to draw up volunteer’s job description and explore gaps that may require training particularly around front desk work.

9.3   AGREED to look at accreditation for volunteers.

10.  Future Developments

10.1         AGREED to replace red chairs which were now unsafe with blue to match other furniture.

11.   Future Meetings

Wednesday 5th December 2012.

Saturday 8th December mulled wine and mince pies for volunteers.


Annual General Meeting

3rd October 2012 in the Resource Centre

Member/Trustees

Gerry Hunt, Arthur Taylor, Fred Gaskin, Liz Moore, Chris O’Connell, John Thatcher, Kevin Stone, Roger Lambert

Members / Volunteers

Carolyn Williamson, Julie Smart, Maddie Bickle

Apologies

Charles Exley, Jo Burt, Lesley Davey, Mike Burnett

1.     Welcome

Gerry Hunt welcomed those present.

2.     Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting

5th October 2011 had been circulated and were accepted as an accurate record

3.      Financial Report 2011/12

Circulated and accepted with particular thanks to Julie Smart for compilation.

4.     Chair’s Report

Written report circulated at the meeting and accepted with thanks.

5.    Confirmation of Trustees

Resignation of Jo Burt noted with regret.  AGREED to approach Paul Kent.

6.   Election of Officers

Auditor – Noel Ayling – AGREED

Chair: Gerry Hunt  – ELECTED.

Vice Chair:  John Thatcher – ELECTED

Secretary / Minutes Secretary:   Arthur Taylor – ELECTED

Hon Treasurer: Chris O’Connell – ELECTED


11th July 2012 in the Resource Centre

Present

Mike Burnett, Gerry Hunt, Arthur Taylor, Fred Gaskin, Liz Moore, Jo Burt, Julie Smart, Chris O’Connell, John Thatcher, Roger Lambert

Apologies

Kevin Stone, Charles Exley,

1.   Welcome

Gerry Hunt welcomed those present.

2.      Minutes of the last Meeting

1st February 2012 had been circulated and were accepted as an accurate record

3.     Matters Arising

3.1    (5.3) Julie confirmed inspire insurance cover.

3.2   (7.4) Allotment project currently £3,000 under-spent.

4.     Refurbishment of Resource Centre

4.1   Flat Screen monitor donated by Mike Burnett – noted with thanks.

4.2   Power Point programme for window – agreed to use free program – Open Office.

4.3   Roger Lambert buying cabling, brackets etc for mounting window display computer.

4.4   AGREED to update all programmes to Open Office.

4.5   Door has now been repaired and is much easier to open.

5.     Finance Monitoring Group

5.1   AGREED to circulate latest minutes.

5.2   International calls now being monitored

5.3   Directory Inquiries now blocked

5.4   AGREED to pay Josie for painting where sale not recorded correctly.

5.5   Cash Box broken – AGREED to get stronger version.

5.6   AGREED to review insurance cover at 28 November meeting for reference to Trustees meeting on 5 December.

5.7   Report tabled and noted with thanks.

6.    Book Sales Income

6.1   Amazon profit £326 with 87 books sold and 442 on offer.

6.2   Gerry Hunt has spoken to Cheers who have had a big rent increase and requested that we continue to donate percentage of our sales. AGREED to continue paying 25% of counter sales.

7.    Trustees

7.1   Optimum number 12 now down to 11. AGREED no action required for present.

8.   Cleaning

8.1   AGREED to pay Julie for 2 hours overtime for Resource Centre cleaning.

8.2   AGREED to get professional carpet cleaner for all carpets

9.    Future Developments

9.1   Liberata now 9:30 to 10:30

9.2   AGREED to check with CAB if another surgery can be arranged on a paid basis.

9.3   AGREED to display Money Management poster.

9.4   AGREED to write to all local business contacts to see if they would be interested in a First Aid refresher course.

9.5   AGREED to investigate possibilities of a Digital Camera course.

9.6   AGREED to arrange a catered lunch for Volunteers 27th October 2012.

10.   Date of Next Meeting

Combined AGM/PCF volunteers 3rd October 2012.


4th April 2012 in the Resource Centre

Present

Mike Burnett, Gerry Hunt, Arthur Taylor, Fred Gaskin, Liz Moore, Julie Smart, Chris O’Connell, Charles Exley, John Thatcher, Roger Lambert

Apologies:

Jo Burt, Kevin Stone,

1.  Welcome

Gerry Hunt welcomed those present.

2. Minutes of the last Meeting

1st February 2012 had been circulated and were accepted as an accurate record

3.       Matters Arising

All covered by agenda items.

4.         Refurbishment of Resource Centre

4.1   Now completed well under budget– thanks to Roger Lambert and Arthur Taylor.

4.2   Leaflets rationalised  by Gerry Hunt

4.3   Agreed to advertise in Pill Paper and window for a flat screen TV or monitor for events

4.4   Agreed to get quotes and seek grant for automatic door closer.

5.     Drop In

5.1   Agreed to allow Inspire to use for Drop In if requested – one set of keys to be issued.

5.2   Fireworks display was very well received – thanks to Matthew Cross for facilitating.

5.3   Julie to check Inspire insurance cover for Drop In.

6.       Lettings Policy

6.1    Draft conditions of hire agreed subject to minor amendments:

6.2   Agreement should be signed and accepted for meetings outside normal opening hours.

6.3   Charge £10.00 per hour (Excluding photocopies and telephone calls.)

6.4   Community Groups may use without charge during normal opening hours.

7.     Finance Monitoring Group

7.1   Report tabled and noted with thanks.

7.2   Budget and expenses in line.

7.3   Group would now meet 3 times per year.

7.4   Allotment Project was continuing with finances via Resource Centre.

7.5   Thanks to Julie for excellent bookkeeping

7.6   Noted that 118118 calls are now barred

7.7   AGREED to keep check on costs of any international calls.

8.     Budget 2012 /13

8.1   Noted that Parish Council Grant reduced to £10,000 at our request.

8.2   AGREED to stop all payments to Cheers forthwith.

8.3   AGREED to earmark £2,000 for Community Education and Training to subsidise activities in this respect.

9.      Future Developments

9.1   Carolyn Williamson has offered to run a Job Club on Wednesday mornings –

9.1.1          Accepted with thanks

9.1.2          AGREED to pay expenses for newspapers etc.

9.2   AGREED to advertise computer training  in Pill Paper

9.3   AGREED to explore possibilities of running a further First Aid course.

9.4   AGREED to look at costings for cleaners.

9.5   Training Day for volunteers Saturday 19 May 2012.

10.   Date of Next Meeting

13 June 2012


1st February 2012 in the Resource Centre

Present:               Mike Burnett, Gerry Hunt, Arthur Taylor, Fred Gaskin, Liz Moore, Jo Burt, Julie Smart, Chris O’Connell, Charles Exley,

Apologies:          John Thatcher, Kevin Stone, Roger Lambert

1. Welcome

Gerry Hunt welcomed those present.

2. Minutes of the last Meeting

7th December 20111 had been circulated and were accepted as an accurate record

3. Matters Arising

3.1   [5.3,7.3, 7.4]No acknowledgement from Cheer regarding reduction in percentage paid.

3.2   [7.1] Amazon book sales protocols established and working well 33 books, £100 income. Vote of thanks recorded to all concerned.

3.3   [7.5] New trolley purchased and in use to replace outside tables.

3.4   [9.1] Still awaiting advice from Noel and Kevin on change from Company Limited by Guarantee to registered charity.

4. Youth Drop In

4.1   Move to Youth Club abandoned by Drop In organisers due to bad behaviour. Consequently Tuesday night sessions abandoned.

4.2   Rob Shepherd handed in notice

4.3   Agreed to write to Rob and Cerise formally terminating contracts

4.4   Youth Forum set up and meeting on Monday nights in Resource Centre to create wish list for future events; nominate 2 delegates to Partnership and plan exit event.

4.5   Notice terminating Kirsty’s contract from 31 March 2012 sent.

4.6   Agreed to pay Kirsty up to 1.5 hours for Monday nights but withhold any payments for planning.

4.7   Agreed to pay Kirsty normal rates to 31 March 2012 plus 2 hours for Thursday session planning.

4.8   Sharon (Inspire) helping on Thursday nights

5.  Inspire

5.1   Report received with thanks

5.2   Agreed to copy to Friends of Watchhouse Hill and Allotment Committee.

6. Refurbishment of Resource Centre

6.1    AGREED £500 budget to:

6.1.1          Purchase 2 x tall Billy bookshelves and 1 x shorter bookshelf.

6.1.2          Consider whether lights necessary and put sign outside showing opening times.

6.1.3          Move 2 existing stacked bookshelves to back room.

6.1.4          Move TV and wall bracket.

6.1.5          Erect shelf under RH counter to conceal computer case.

6.1.6          Fit new carpet in RH back office

6.1.7          Put up rails to allow display of local artists paintings in rotating exhibition.

6.1.8          Request Alliance Homes for assisted main door for elderly and disability access

6.1.9          Acquire cupboard in toilet for cleaning materials

7. Finance Monitoring Group

7.1   Report tabled and noted.

7.2   Budget and expenses in line.

7.3   Concern again recorded over Allotment Project underspend and lack of objective monitoring. AGREED to ask Inspire to give report on project budget, projected expenditure and sufficient details for Lottery report.

7.4   Public phone use being abused – AGREED to seek advice on call barring.

7.5   Fire door needs attention – Alliance Homes

7.6   AGREED to set budget in April following advice from Finance Monitoring Group.

8.    Volunteer Issues

8.1   AGREED to ask volunteers whether they have any concerns over potential accusations of child abuse bullying or threatening behaviour from visitors.

8.2   Credit Union volunteer ceasing work which may cause coverage problems.

8.3   CAB now fully booked for most sessions. Noted that we get service free due to deprivation in Pill but other parishes make substantial donations to costs. AGREED to monitor uptake and consider future payments if extra sessions required.

9. Pill and District Children and Young Peoples Partnership

9.1   First Partnership meeting scheduled for 6 February 2012 in Community Centre.

9.2   Working Party set up to draft Constitution, Business Plan, bank account and arrange for election of officers. (GH, AT, Don Davies)

9.3   Tender procedures and documents are in preparation.

10. Date of Next Meeting

TBA

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s